Rules & Regulations
Stalls & Sites:
- Stalls and market sites are allocated at the Numurkah Foodbowl Festival Committee's discretion.
- Stalls cannot be transferred, sublet, franchised or sold to any other person, nor can they be shared without prior consent from the Numurkah Foodbowl Festival Committee.
- Presentation of your stall is of high importance to the Festival committee. Please give due consideration to your signage, products, marquee, decorating and even customer service. Everything you do effects the success of our event and the future of the Numurkah Foodbowl Festival. Staff and volunteers will be roving around the site and checking in with stallholders during the entire event, please ask for assistance if it is required. Please call the Coordinator at any time if you require assistance.
- Sites vary but some will be under the cover of the main street shops and others will be on the street without cover, which means you must bring your own shade or protection.
- A map with your site number and detailed information will be available two weeks prior to the event.
- All structures must be pegged AND weighed down using sufficient water weights or sand bags. Our Safety Officer will be on site making sure everything in place. Tents, covers and all stall equipment must be erected securely and weighted or secured at all times regardless of the weather.
- All equipment must be in good repair and be operated in a safe manner.
- Public access ways must be clear at all times.
- All stallholder vehicles are to be parked at least one block away from Melville Street. Volunteers will be managing the safe exit of all cars off site before 8.30am on Saturday 21 October, 2017. The event begins at 9am.
Unfortunately it is not possible to leave your car near your site, please help us help you and the success of our event by following our request and instructions.
- Stallholders must continue trading until the market closing time at 3pm on Saturday 21 October, 2017.
Cars may not move until 15 minutes after closing time unless otherwise advised by the Foodbowl Festival staff.
- Notification of non-attendance is required. This is to allow neighboring stallholders to spread out and fill in gaps. No refunds/credits will be given.
- Management is not responsible for adverse weather conditions so there are no refunds for this reason.
Management will not be held responsible for any loss including fees paid by stallholders, damage or injury whatsoever resulting from adverse weather conditions.
- Smoking is not permitted at or within 2 meters of any stall.
- It is the responsibility of the stallholder to ensure they conform to Australian standards, ACCC, pertaining to their product. The Numurkah Foodbowl Festival will not be held accountable for any trademark, copyright or safety infringement.
- The Numurkah Foodbowl Festival shall not be held liable for loss of or damage to the stallholder's property while it is located within the site and for other property not owned by the stallholder but located in the
- The stallholder must take out a public liability policy. The stallholder must submit evidence of the policy with the application form.
- Stallholders are responsible for keeping their site and surrounding area clean and tidy. All rubbish must be removed from the site. Sites are to be left as you found them. Rubbish bins are provided for Festival attendees usage only. Please take home any empty boxes, food waste etc.
- The stallholder acknowledges non-exclusive rights to exhibit at the Festival and acknowledges that competitors may also be present.
- The stallholder indemnifies the Numurkah Foodbowl Festival against all claims and demands arising under any statute or at common law and whether for loss or damage to property or any injury to or death of any
person occurring on or about or resulting from any defect in the site caused by the stallholder or resulting from the use or occupation by the stallholder of the site or for any penalty or other liability arising from such matters other than claims and demands arising from any act default or neglect of the Numurkah Foodbowl Festival, its employees agents or contractors.
- Applicants who wish to apply for catering stalls will need to comply with all relevant food and food handling regulations and standards pertaining to local government including Streatrader registration and must supply a copy of their registered kitchen certificate. We suggest that applicants contact the local shire to find out more information regarding temporary food premises registration and fees.
- You will be required to list all powered equipment you will be using onsite, including how many amps/watts each piece of equipment will use.
- For your application to be processed quickly and smoothly, it is important to supply the Numurkah Foodbowl Festival with as much information as possible. Be sure to fill in all relevant fields in the online application form before you submit it.
- All applicants should receive an automated receipt email reply that the application was successfully sent to the Numurkah Foodbowl Festival. If this is not received then the application has not been received by us.
- If successful, you must accept your offer, return all required paperwork and pay your site fee in FULL by the due date specified on the invoice. Please keep in mind that any overdue payments will incur a late fee of $20.
- Failure to return all required paperwork AND pay your site fee in FULL by the due date, will result in your site allocation being canceled.
Thanks for reading, please get in touch if you have any questions.