From humble beginnings, the Numurkah Foodbowl Festival has continued to grow and bring everyone together over the 3rd weekend in October.
The Food Bowl Festival began as a music festival with over 20 artists performing around town in alternating different venues in 2007…. Numurkah residents Lauren Salathiel and Chris McGorlick who were the Visitor information Centre co ordinators worked tirelessly to present the first festival with very little money but a lot of enthusiasm and support from musicians and friends. Over the last nine years, guided by the Numurkah LOL group, the festival has found its place in the Numurkah and Moira shire events calendar and the heart of the local community.
2015 saw it transform into a fantastic event of stalls, entertainment and food, bringing locals and visitors together to share our wonderful local produce, share a meal at any of our first class eateries, grab a bargain from one of the many stalls and to hear talented musicians. While city events may be bigger, the atmosphere at the Numurkah Food Bowl cannot be surpassed. Our relaxed country lifestyle, friendly people and perfect weather all combine for an unforgettable event,
The Numurkah Food Bowl Festival is about welcoming visitors to our town, celebrating our wonderful local produce and showcasing the extraordinary talent of our musicians.
Who We Are
Numurkah LOL is a community based organisation which supports business and tourism in Numurkah and surrounds. The committee are maintained by the efforts of volunteers, and support and membership from local business. Our management committee is made up of volunteer members from the local area, who work with the Festival Director to deliver the annual festival. Without the support of the community, business operators and volunteers, Numurkah Food Bowl Festival simply wouldn’t happen
Numurkah Food Bowl Festival aims to achieve the following:
- The festival and its associated events are responsive to the needs of the Numurkah community, and its visitors.
- Numurkah Food Bowl Festival will continue to grow each year and maintain its importance to the community as an event to ensure the local community, visitors and participants enjoy a vibrant and welcoming festival.
- Festival organisers will work with the local business houses to deliver an opportunity for improved economic growth
- Numurkah LOL will aim to improve its cash position each year by operating in a financially sound manner.
- The Management Committee will conduct their business in an ethical and honest way to ensure the Festivals long term viability, good reputation and growth.